RouteGadget is a web utility for displaying rogaine routes captured using a GPS. You can view and replay routes for one or more selected teams
To use RouteGadget:
- Please read the instructions on this page before heading to the following link!
- Then click Rogaining Tasmania RouteGadget
To load your route:
- Select the "Draw" tab
- Choose your course (All Controls)
- Enter the name of your team members in the Name field
- Enter a dummy time (eg 55:55) in the time field
- Write any comments you wish to record
- Don't worry about "Align map to next control" - leave unchecked
- Upload your GPS trace (GPX or TCX) - no need to play with "Autofit" options
To display & replay routes:
- Select the event you want to view on the Events tab
- Go to the Results tab and select a course. Display the course runners by clicking the arrow to the left of the course name
- Teams who have uploaded or drawn a route will have a checkbox next to their names. Clicking this checkbox will display their route on the map.
- To change the colour of a team's route uncheck and re-check this check box to cycle to an acceptable colour
- Every competitor has a checkbox in the column headed with a "play " icon. Select these to replay the competitors' routes.
- There are quite a few useful options available in the replay control box. Hover your mouse over each icon to see what it does. In particular you can speed up the track replay or start a mass start of all selected competitors. NOTE - It can be more useful to display mass start replays using "real time" rather than from when the GPS was started.
Settings & Help
- Some extra settings are available by clicking the "cog" icon in the blue menu bar. Reducing the "Route width" can be useful for clarity
- Competitors comments and links to a basic help file are accessed by clicking the "question mark icon" in the blue menu bar